St. Elizabeth church



ID number:
09696
Title:
St. Elizabeth church
City:
Subject:
Square, church, architecture
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1950-1955
Format:
14x9 cm
Copyright:
Juriy Zaverbnyj
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03071
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Jan Otko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Square, church
ID: 03206
City: Lviv
Date: 1932-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Fathers salesians
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church of Our Lady of Mercy Ostrobramska, interior
ID: 02066
City: Lviv
Date: 1955-1960
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Square, church, architecture, transport, trolleybus, people
ID: 03212
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Juliusz Rodkowski
Publisher: Printing House "Narodowa", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Carmelite sisters' monastery and church, street, tram line, transport
ID: 02038
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, sculpture
ID: 03731
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1900-1910
Format: 85x135 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Church
ID: 02376
City: Lviv
Date: 1837
Format: 21,5x16,2 сm; 28,5x22,2 сm
Creator: Karl Auer
Publisher: Piotr Piller, Lemberg
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Dominican Church of the Body of Our Lord, monastery building
ID: 02017
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Funeral, St. Andrew church, monastery
ID: 01639
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1939
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church, square

A Neo-Gothic church, noted for its high towers and pointed spires, is one of  Lviv's trademarks. It  was designed by architect Teodor Talowski. Well-known architects, sculptors and painters took part in the construction of this church. According to the resolution of the Lviv regional executive committee number 130 dated 26 February 1980, the church was entered into the local register of monuments under protection number 146. In 1991 the church was handed over to the local Greek Catholic community.