The "group photo"near Lenin Monument



ID number:
08888
Title:
The "group photo"near Lenin Monument
City:
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Date:
1970-1975
Format:
11x17 cm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 08442
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, buildings, gymnasium students
ID: 08034
City: Lviv
Date: 1955-1960
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Street, holiday, demonstration, people, banners
ID: 09305
City: Lviv
Date: 1944, December
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Officers
ID: 11896
City: Lviv
Date: 1971
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: people
ID: 12109
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1985
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: avenue, people, building, street
ID: 09554
City: Lviv
Date: 1967-1970
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kalynets
Subject: Street, square, fountain, people
ID: 12955
City: Dubno
Date: 1939
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: portrait, people, street, fashion
ID: 01820
City: Lviv
Date: 1937
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: People, Marjacki Square, shop windows, Hotel George
Ternopil
ID: 13081
City: Ternopil
Date: 1916
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: street, building, people, portrait
The monument to V. I. Lenin was erected in front of the entrance to the Opera House at the intersection of Hetmanski Waly and the park-garden located in the center of First of May Street (the central street of the city, from 1855 on called Karla Ludwika Street, in 1919 renamed Legionow Street, from 1959 on known as Lenina Boulevard, and in 1991 renamed Svobody Boulevard). The monument was the work of Moscow sculptor Serhii Merkurov (1881-1952), and architects V. Sharapenko and S. Frantsuz. The square in front of the Opera House was organized according to the project by architects Ivan Persykov and M. Yurchuk. A public meeting devoted to the unveiling of the monument to Lenin in Lviv was held on January 20, 1952.