The southern side of Rynok square



ID number:
08053
Title:
The southern side of Rynok square
City:
Subject:
Square, buildings, city hall, transport, paving, people, lantern, Dominican church
Creator:
Illya Pavlyk
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1955-1960
Format:
10x15 cm
Copyright:
Oleksandr Korobov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03329
City: Brody
Date: 1910
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Feliks West, Brody
Copyright: Brody Museum of History and Ethnography
Subject: Rynok
ID: 06238
City: Lviv
Date: 1987-1990
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Square, buildings, architecture, transport, people
ID: 09701
City: Lviv
Date: 1952-1955
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Square, buildings, architecture, trading, transport, people
ID: 03906
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1972
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Leonid Zapadenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Leonid Zapadenko
Subject: Square, public garden, church, buildings, tram stop, people
ID: 09077
City: Lviv
Date: 1975-1980
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Square, buildings, architecture, Latin cathedral, Boimiv chapel, city hall
ID: 03946
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1970
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Albert Patai
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ludmyla Patai
Subject: Square, fountain, department store, people, benches
ID: 08054
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1965
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Square, buildings, paving, tram, cars, taxi
Shchyrets
ID: 01646
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1914-1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Square, buildings, ruins
ID: 01281
City: Lviv
Date: 1909-1939
Format: 18х12 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monument, square, buildings, tram, electric lanterns
The building is one of the best examples of late Renaissance architecture in Lviv. Its construction goes back to the end of the sixteenth century, with reconstruction work done in 1737-1739. The building is a prime example of the city’s palace architecture from the Renaissance period. Its traditional name, Bandinelli Palazzo, comes from the last name of its early owner. The building occupies a corner lot on the eastern side of Rynok Square. The northern façade is on Stavropihiyska Street.
The building dates back to the sixteenth century, and was rebuilt in the eighteenth century (under the architect Piotr Polejowski). In the stone building’s architecture, elements of the late Baroque period (the sculptural décor of the first floor) are united with a Classicist interpretation of the façade. The stone building stands on the eastern side of Rynok Square. The four-story structure has an elongated configuration that is oriented along an east-west axis. Today (2008) it is a residential building.
Chorna Kamianytsia ("The Black House"). This building is an architectural monument of the late Renaissance. It was built in 1588-1589 (by the architects P. Barbon and P. Rymlianyn) and in 1596 (addition of the third floor, by architect P. Krasowski). Later reconstruction dates to 1677 (the façade sculptures and the attic, by architect M. Hradowski), 1884 (addition of the fourth floor by architects M. Fechter and A. Pjotrowski), 1911 (restoration of the façade by architect E. Zychowicz) and 1926 (restoration of the interior). The premises are used for expositions of the Lviv History Museum, for which function they were adapted in 1926.