Institute of Social Sciences of the Academy of Science Ukrainian SSR building on Radianska street,24 (Vynnychenka street now)



ID number:
08048
Title:
Institute of Social Sciences of the Academy of Science Ukrainian SSR building on Radianska street,24 (Vynnychenka street now)
City:
Subject:
Radanska and Lysenka street, tram line, architecture, buildings, paving, people
Creator:
Illya Pavlyk
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1955-1960
Format:
10x15 сm
Copyright:
Oleksandr Korobov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

Chernivtsi
ID: 03851
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1914
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Moritz Gottlieb, Czernowitz
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Ferdinandsplatz, police
ID: 02761
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1904
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Simon Gross, Czernowitz
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Czernowitz, Landesregierung, Austria Platz
ID: 09468
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, building
ID: 11239
City: Kyiv
Date: 1880-1890
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: H.S. Pshenychnyi Central State Cinema, Photo and Phono Archvive of Ukraine
Subject: street, building, transport, electric line
ID: 02773
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1907
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: S.W., Czernowitz
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Czernowitz, Palace of Justice, Fish square
ID: 01324
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Charnetskoho street, administrative buildings, vicegerency, people
ID: 01354
City: Lviv
Date: 1892
Format: 8,5х12 cm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Batorego Street, Palace of Justice, sculptures by L. Marconi
ID: 00642
City: Lviv
Date: 1927-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Juliusz Rodkowski
Publisher: Printing House "Narodowa", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Railway Administration Building, park, electric lamp-post, passers-by
ID: 07935
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Archive, Bernardine monastery, church, street, public garden, tower

This residential building was constructed according to design of architects Johann Salzmann and Florian Onderka in 1839. In 1912-1939 it was owned by the Shevchenko Scientific Society. In the Soviet period, the Institute of Social Sciences, an ideological pillar of the nearby Regional Committee of the Communist Party, was located there. Now it is occupied by the Ukrainian Department of the Lviv National Stefanyk Library, by the I. Krypyakevych Institute of Ukrainian Studies of the NAS of Ukraine, and by the research center "Rescue Archaeological Service" of the Institute of Archaeology of the NAS of Ukraine. The building is an architectural monument of local significance (protection number 425).