Branch of the Central State Historical Archive of Ukraine in Lviv



ID number:
07935
Title:
Branch of the Central State Historical Archive of Ukraine in Lviv
City:
Subject:
Archive, Bernardine monastery, church, street, public garden, tower
Creator:
Illya Pavlyk
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1960-1965
Format:
10x15 cm
Copyright:
Oleksandr Korobov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00642
City: Lviv
Date: 1927-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Juliusz Rodkowski
Publisher: Printing House "Narodowa", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Railway Administration Building, park, electric lamp-post, passers-by
ID: 03856
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1900-1910
Format: 120х170 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Hauptstrasse, Main Street, Generalshaus
ID: 11239
City: Kyiv
Date: 1880-1890
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: H.S. Pshenychnyi Central State Cinema, Photo and Phono Archvive of Ukraine
Subject: street, building, transport, electric line
ID: 00629
City: Lviv
Date: 1911-1915
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Trade and Industry Chamber
ID: 03165
City: Lviv
Date: 1941
Format: 9х14 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Center for the Studies of the Liberation Movement, Lviv
Subject: Św. Ducha Square, ruins
ID: 02538
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 26х38 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Fire station
ID: 02957
City: Lviv
Date: 1952-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Lviv railway administration on the corner of Gogolia str. and Mitskevycha str., aerial antennas for radio jamming, the old fence of Golukhovsky palace
ID: 01354
City: Lviv
Date: 1892
Format: 8,5х12 cm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Batorego Street, Palace of Justice, sculptures by L. Marconi
ID: 03500
City: Lviv
Date: 1890-1892
Format: 11х18 cm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Czarneckiego St., Viceregency, transport, gas street lamp
The bell tower of the Bernardine Roman Catholic Church – erected in 1733-1734 – is a component of the church and monastery ensemble. The architectural outline of the building is typical for the Baroque period. 

Former Bernardine Roman Catholic Church (3 Soborna Square) is a perfect example of the late Renaissance architecture that reflected the spirit and mood of the counter-reformation epoch. The church was built in the course of 1600-1630 by the architects B. Avelides, P. Rymlianyn, A. Prykhylnyi and A. Bemer. It was constructed on the site of an earlier wooden structure from 1460. The Bernardine Church creates a single complex with the adjacent fortified monastery buildings, bell tower, memorial column and rotunda over the well in the yard. 

Former Bernardine Monastery building (presently the building of the Central State Historical Archive). The monastery building dates to the period around 1620 is an integral part of the architectural complex that also includes the Bernardine Roman Catholic Church. The monastery was built onto the northern wall of the church, and is surrounded by the walls with an entrance tower from the east.