"Ukrainian Bookstore and Antiquarium"



ID number:
00628
Title:
"Ukrainian Bookstore and Antiquarium"
City:
Description:

Bookseller Izydor Hromnytskyi inside the bookstore at the National House in 20 Teatralna St. In 1904-1920 the bookstore was property of Anton Ivan Khoinatskyi, former administrator of the printing-house of the Holy Cross Society. From 1921 the bookstore was essentially run by Izydor Yaroslav Hromnytskyi, who tried to obtain a license. In 1928-39 the bookstore functioned under the name of Ukrainian Bookstore and Antiquarium, and included a bookstore with an old books section, a book-lending service (paid library) and a stationery store.

Subject:
bookstore, bookshelves, bookseller
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
"Album of Ukrainian Lviv"
Date:
1930
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02497
City: Lviv
Date: 1928
Format: 5х10 cm
Creator: Karl Auer
Publisher: Tadeusz Mankowski, Lviv 80 years ago
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, building, library
ID: 00628
City: Lviv
Date: 1930
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Album of Ukrainian Lviv"
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: bookstore, bookshelves, bookseller
ID: 03056
City: Lviv
Date: 1894-1900
Format: 36х24 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Library, interior, furniture, lighting
ID: 08716
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Square, buildings, architecture, library, people
ID: 01437
City: Khmelnytskyi
Date: 1900-1920
Format: 17х23 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Serhiy Esiunin
Subject: Proskuriv, Municipal Public Library
ID: 01372
City: Lviv
Date: 1874-1877
Format: 6,5х10,5 cm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Ossolinskich Street, Ossolineum, telegraph poles, cart
ID: 11846
City: Lviv
Date: 1959
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: library
ID: 03533
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Street, library
ID: 00774
City: Lviv
Date: 1916
Format: 13х17 cm
Creator: Josef Kosciesza Jaworski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Bavorovski library
The Peoples’ House was constructed in the years 1851-1864 under a project drawn up by Wilhelm Schmidt; a slight echo of the Romanticism and Biedermeier can be seen in the Neo-Classicist architecture of the building. The society of Halytsko-Ruska Matytsia and its editorial office were located there, as well as some other public organizations; later the building was occupied by the Rozmaitości theatre. According to the resolution of the Lviv regional executive committee number 381 dated 5 July 1985, the building of the Peoples’ House was entered into the register of local monuments under protection number 295. As for today, the building houses the District House of Officers for the Western Operational Command, the Cinema Palace, a few cafés and a dancing studio.