Building of the Air Force General Headquarters Western Strategic Command



ID number:
00599
Title:
Building of the Air Force General Headquarters Western Strategic Command
City:
Description:

The photograph shows the Dzieduszycki palace on Kurkova (now: Lysenka) Street No. 15-17, built in the second half of the 19th century. Building no. 15 contained the private but publicly accessible gallery. The collection of approximately 800 canvases consisted of two parts: West European art (paintings by Rubens, Van Dyck, Jordans) and Polish art (Matejko, Kossak, Grottger and others). The graphic collection consisted of about 3000 pieces; the park displayed old portals from the 17th to 18th century. Building no. 17 contained 50,000 books from the Dzieduszycki family collection, which were brought from their village Poturzyca near Sokal in 1857 (old books, letters, family archive). For a short period in its history the building housed the private collection of Wł. Dzieduszycki (1825-1899), which was to become the basis for the Natural History Museum.

Subject:
Dzieduszycki Palace, Kurkowa str.
Creator:
Josef Eder
Publisher:
Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Date:
1860-1870
Format:
10х14 cm
Copyright:
Lviv Historical Museum
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 10684
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: R. Yakymenko
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Gunpowder Tower, Architects' Building
ID: 09059
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1975
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Street, palace, architecture
ID: 03552
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Street, building
ID: 08135
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: 1 Travnia street, architecture, buildings, public garden, flowerbed, palace of pioneers
ID: 09752
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Vasyl Pylypjuk
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Bus Station
ID: 03781
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1890-1895
Format: 120х170 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Ringplatz, Hotel Schwarzer Adler
ID: 08754
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-1985
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, building, architecture, garden, transport
ID: 11073
City: Skole
Date: 1920-1939
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Chudiyovych
Subject: Sawmill
ID: 03817
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1900-1910
Format: 130х110 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Universität

The palace situated on Lysenka street 15 was reconstructed from a villa by architect Wincenty Rawski Sr. at the cost of a well-known family of Dzieduszycki who planned to bring their unique collection of books and works of art from the village of Potorytsya near Sokal to Lviv. Among the exhibits, there was the world famous Mykhalkiv (Michałków) gold treasure dated to the 8th-7th centuries B.C., with a total weight of 7 kg.

According to the resolution of the Regional Executive Committee of the Lviv Region no. 130 dated 26 February 1980, the palace on Lysenka street 15 was entered in the Register of local monuments under protection number 157.

Map: Plan of Lemberg
Year: с. 1863