The place where Golden Rose Synagogue was located



ID number:
05928
Title:
The place where Golden Rose Synagogue was located
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1990-1995
Format:
10x15 cm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

Chernivtsi
ID: 02733
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1905-1914
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Czernowitz, Synagogue, Jewish Temple
ID: 03868
City: Chernivtsi
Date: Interwar years (1918-1939)
Format: 110х160 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Cernăuţi, Synogogue
ID: 13008
City: Lviv
Date: 1938
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: State Archives of Lviv Region
Subject: advertisement, poster, street, building, synagoguee
ID: 11742
City: Lviv
Date: 1920-1939
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lviv National Library after V.Stefanyk NAS of Ukraine
Subject: people, buildings
ID: 02871
City: Brody
Date: 1925
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Akropol", Krakow
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Synagogue
ID: 03406
City: Brody
Date: 1917
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Claudia Erdheim, Das Stetl. Galizien und Bukowina 1890–1918. Album Verlag, Wien 2008.
Copyright: Claudia Erdheim
Subject: Architecture, interior, decor, architectural details
ID: 03385
City: Drohobych
Date: 1910
Format: Unknown
Creator: Leon Rozenshein
Publisher: Claudia Erdheim, Das Stetl. Galizien und Bukowina 1890–1918. Album Verlag, Wien 2008.
Copyright: Claudia Erdheim
Subject: Synagogue, architecture, interior, decor, architectural details
ID: 03410
City: Przemysl
Date: 1910
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Claudia Erdheim, Das Stetl. Galizien und Bukowina 1890–1918. Album Verlag, Wien 2008.
Copyright: Claudia Erdheim
Subject: City, buildings, architecture, synagogue, street, people
ID: 03425
City: Brody
Date: 1900
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Claudia Erdheim, Das Stetl. Galizien und Bukowina 1890–1918. Album Verlag, Wien 2008.
Copyright: Claudia Erdheim
Subject: City, synagogue, architecture
The synagogue was constructed in Renaissance style in 1582-1595 from brick and stone by architect Paweł Szczęśliwy (Pavlo Shchaslyvyi) and funded by the wealthy Nachmanowicz family. The synagogue would have been one of the oldest within the current borders of Ukraine. Yet in August 1941, all its religious objects were plundered and in 1943 it was demolished by explosives by the Nazis. The ruins that remain today, long neglected but undergoing some preservation efforts recently, are a symbol of the tragedy of Lviv’s Jews.