ID number:
00528
Title:
City:
Creator:
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
Copyright:
Collection:
Category:
Technique:
Inscriptions:
On obverse:
In German: Andenken von Lemberg 20 Original-Fotoaufnahmen
14. Stryer park.

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 11878
City: Lviv
Date: 1957-1964
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: park
ID: 09466
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1970
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksadr Moskalenko
Subject: Park, people, rest
ID: 08728
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, alley, fountain, flowerbed
ID: 07996
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Park, pond, greenery, entrance
ID: 03317
City: Truskavec
Date: 1930
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Sztuka", Krakow
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Resort, park, gallery
ID: 08140
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1965
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, the main entrance, street, people
ID: 06224
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Park, fountain, sculpture, water
ID: 03949
City: Lviv
Date: 1954-1955
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Juriy Volkov
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Maryna Kursanova
Subject: Park of culture, dance floor, people
ID: 01906
City: Lviv
Date: 1904-1910
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Jan Bromilski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Kilinski park, monument to Kilinski, alleys, flowerbed

Stryiskyi Park sits in south Lviv between Stryiska Street and the upper part of Franko Street, on a ridge where Soroka Creek had its source. Arnold Röhring – the esteemed “park inspector” of the majestic capital city of Lviv – was the architect in charge of the design of this celebrated park. Work on the territory was begun in 1887. The design of the lower terrace reflects the landscaped pleasure garden approach, while the upper terrace, equipped to host the 1894 regional Expo has a more formal structure. In Stryiskyi Park’s more than 50 hectares of woods grow maple, chestnut, alder, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, acacia, linden, pine, and other varieties of trees.