ID number:
00435
Title:
City:
Creator:
Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher:
"Ruch", Lwow
Date:
1931-1933
Format:
14x9 cm
Copyright:
Collection:
Category:
Technique:
Inscriptions:
On obverse:
In Polish: Lwów. Cerkiew Wołoska.
On reverse:
RUCH Fot. prof. A. Lenkiewicz

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02741
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1930-1935
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Cernăuţi, Orthodox Churches, Bishop’s Residence, Universities
ID: 02358
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14х9 сm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Armenian Church, arcade, courtyard
ID: 08626
City: Lviv
Date: 1956
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, architecture, buildings, church, bell tower, line, tram, people
ID: 00242
City: Lviv
Date: Post-War period, Communist Rule (1946-1990)
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Church, Kryvchytsi
ID: 02247
City: Lviv
Date: 1910-1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Hryhoriy Hanuliak, Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, church, monastery, building, architecture
ID: 02087
City: Lviv
Date: 1906-1914
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: "Tencha", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, buildings architecture, church, public garden
Unknown location
ID: 11861
City: Unknown location
Date: 1963
Format: Unknown
Creator: Sviatoslav Vdovenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Vdovenko
Subject: village, church, landscape
ID: 00427
City: Lviv
Date: 1938-1939
Format: 150х100 mm
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: Ksiaznica-Atlas, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Armenian cathedral, courtyard
ID: 02117
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1939
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Chapel, portal, architecture, sculpture
The Church of the Assumption of the Mother of God – formerly known as Voloska church is the key element of a wonderful architectural ensemble that includes the church, bell tower (it is built onto the church from the north) and the chapel building in the yard. This is the best Lviv Renaissance monument; its architecture unites the West European Renaissance forms with the tradition of the Eastern Christianity sacral construction.  The church stands at the intersection of Pidvalna and Ruska Streets, on the site of an old church of the fifteenth century. In was constructed from 1591 to 1629 (by the architects P. Rymlianyn, V. Kapinos, A. Prykhylnyi) and in 1796 (rebuilt after fire). In the middle of the nineteenth century the church was connected with the Three Prelates Chapel.