St. Paraskeva Pyatnycya church



ID number:
00411
Title:
St. Paraskeva Pyatnycya church
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Polish
Subject:
View on church from Zhovkivska Street
Creator:
Josef Eder
Publisher:
Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Date:
2nd half of the XIXth Century
Format:
10х14 cm
Copyright:
Lviv Historical Museum
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02265
City: Lviv
Date: 1904
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Stefan Wierusz Niemojowski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, architecture, church
ID: 13077
City: Pochaiv
Date: 1916
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: sacral building, war, monastery, panorama
ID: 00551
City: Lviv
Date: 1932-1938
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Stanislaw Tondos
Publisher: Publishing House "Ruch", Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Church, German Gymnasium
ID: 01359
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1905
Format: 18х12 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Pidvalna Street, church, Kornyakta tower, "Dnister" House
ID: 00573
City: Lviv
Date: 1860-1870
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Cathedral, metropolitan building, wall, monastery buildings
ID: 13045
City: Brest
Date: 1917-1918
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: war, sacral buildings, people
ID: 00631
City: Lviv
Date: 1904
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: S.W. Niemojowski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Wallachian Church, Kornyakt Tower, Dominican Gymnasium (school), Ratusha (City Hall) tower, fragment of Governor's Bulwarks
ID: 01446
City: Khmelnytskyi
Date: 1900-1920
Format: 7,5х10,5 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Serhiy Esiunin
Subject: Proskuriv, neighborhood of the Cathedral of the Birth of the Mother of God
ID: 11576
City: Unknown
Date: 1930
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lesya Krypiakevych
Subject:
The late Gothic elements are united with the traditions of Ukrainian and Moldovan-Valakhian sacral building in the architecture of the church. The later additions are connected with the influence of the Revival architecture (the cupola of the tower). The church is constructed in the oldest part of the city on the foundation of a church from the thirteenth-fourteenth centuries. The location of the object outside of the city’s fortifications explains features of a defence building in its architecture. The construction and further reconstructions date back to 1643-1645, 1908 (restoration and the tower's new topping off) and 1950 (restoration).

Original name: St. Parasceves
Map: Plan of Lemberg
Year: с. 1863