Św. Ducha Square



ID number:
03165
Title:
Św. Ducha Square
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Św. Ducha Square, ruins
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
1941
Format:
9х14 сm
Copyright:
Center for the Studies of the Liberation Movement, Lviv
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 11239
City: Kyiv
Date: 1880-1890
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: H.S. Pshenychnyi Central State Cinema, Photo and Phono Archvive of Ukraine
Subject: street, building, transport, electric line
ID: 02538
City: Lviv
Date: 1894
Format: 26х38 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Fire station
ID: 02957
City: Lviv
Date: 1952-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Lviv railway administration on the corner of Gogolia str. and Mitskevycha str., aerial antennas for radio jamming, the old fence of Golukhovsky palace
Chernivtsi
ID: 00683
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: David Gross, Czernowitz
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: City Hall, square, passersby
ID: 03500
City: Lviv
Date: 1890-1892
Format: 11х18 cm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Czarneckiego St., Viceregency, transport, gas street lamp
ID: 03856
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1900-1910
Format: 120х170 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Hauptstrasse, Main Street, Generalshaus
ID: 02978
City: Lviv
Date: 1900
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Governor’s Bulwarks, Governor’s palace
ID: 00642
City: Lviv
Date: 1927-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Juliusz Rodkowski
Publisher: Printing House "Narodowa", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Railway Administration Building, park, electric lamp-post, passers-by
ID: 01354
City: Lviv
Date: 1892
Format: 8,5х12 cm
Creator: Edward Trzemeski
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: Batorego Street, Palace of Justice, sculptures by L. Marconi

The building situated on Teatralna street 10 was erected between 1768-1773 in the late Baroque style with some Neo-Classicist elements; it is likely that it was designed by Piotr Połejowski. According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 24 August 1963, the house number 10 on Teatralna street was entered in the register of local architectural monuments under protection number 367. Today it is a residential house; a hostel named "Na Teatralniy" is also located there; some ground floor premises are occupied by the watch salon "Geneva", a clothing shop and a bistro.

The Jesuit church is located in the historic center of Lviv, near the former western side of the town fortifications. This is one of the biggest churches of the city, an example of a baroque and Renaissance basilica built upon the pattern of the Il Gesù church in Rome by well-known architects, sculptors, carvers and painters. According to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR number 970 dated 23 August 1963, the Jesuit church was entered in the National list of monuments under protection number 338.

The monument to the Cossack kosh otaman was installed here in 1982. It was made by sculptor Petro Kulyk.