Church of the Missionaries of St. Wojciech the Bishop and Martyr



ID number:
02671
Title:
Church of the Missionaries of St. Wojciech the Bishop and Martyr
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Church of the Missionaries of St. Wojciech the Bishop and Martyr
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1924-1926
Format:
150х100 mm
Copyright:
Museum of Ancient Handwritten Ukrainian Book Art LAG
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02161
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, building, architecture
ID: 09019
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1975
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Square, public garden, church, architecture, sculpture
ID: 02230
City: Lviv
Date: 1938
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: T. Todorovski
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Project, church, architecture, model
ID: 02038
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, sculpture
ID: 03212
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Juliusz Rodkowski
Publisher: Printing House "Narodowa", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Carmelite sisters' monastery and church, street, tram line, transport
ID: 00663
City: Lviv
Date: 1901-1906
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Zaklad swiatlodrukow, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: St. Michael Carmelites Cathedral, Charnetskyi St., horse-drawn carriages
ID: 02326
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1905
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Stefan Wierusz Niemojowski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, architecture, educational institution, chapel
ID: 10414
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Plakat", Moscow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Bernardyński Square, Bernardine Church, green area, tram tracks
ID: 02166
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Street, church, building parish, stairs, city greenery

The St. Wojciech church was built by one of the best Lviv constructors, Paolo Romanus, and belongs to the last examples of the Renaissance style in Lviv. According to the resolution of the Regional Executive Committee of the Lviv Region number 393 dated 22 November 1988, the house was entered into the Register of local monuments under protection number 903-M.

On 8 September 1996, after a restoration, the church was consecrated in the name of St. Josaphat and All Ukrainian Martyrs; the members of the Milites Christi Imperatoris congregation have settled in the renovated premises of the monastery.