King Jan III Sobieski monument



ID number:
02540
Title:
King Jan III Sobieski monument
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Polish
Subject:
King Jan III Sobieski monument
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Date:
1898
Format:
17,2х15 сm
Copyright:
Lviv National Library after V.Stefanyk NAS of Ukraine
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01918
City: Lviv
Date: 1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Jan Bromilski, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Lublin Union Mound, viewing platform, people, castle wall
ID: 03741
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1924-1935
Format: 90x135 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Agentia Romana Hachette, Bucuresti
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Cernauti, Central Square, Monument for the Unification of the Bukowina with Romania
ID: 01860
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Valentin Kleyner
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Valentin Kleyner
Subject: National Guard Square in honour of I. Franko, Teatralna st., memorial sign
ID: 03551
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Memorial sign
ID: 10722
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Knysh
Subject: Monument, Kuznietsov
ID: 01504
City: Lviv
Date: 1946-1948
Format: 4,5x6 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Monument to Aleksander Fredro, green area, Akademicki Square, Desniaka Street, building No. 28 in Akademichna Street
ID: 02965
City: Lviv
Date: 1946-1950
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Monument to King Jan III Sobieski, 1 Travnia str., boulevard, kiosks, tramways
ID: 09763
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: O. Yanovskyy
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, Ivan Franko park
ID: 08056
City: Kyiv
Date: 1955-1960
Format: 15х10 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Monument, architecture, sculpture, park named after Shevchenko, university

The grand opening of the monument to the King of Poland took place on November 20, 1898. The monument was made by the famous Lviv sculptor Tadeusz Baroncz. After World War II, in 1950, the monument was moved to Poland where for almost twenty years it was located in Wilanowski Park in Warsaw while discussion continued about its appropriate location. In 1987 the monument to Jan III Sobieski was ceremonially unveiled on Wooden Market in Gdansk.