Uspenska church interior



ID number:
02337
Title:
Uspenska church interior
City:
Subject:
Interior, architecture, decorative elements, reconstruction
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
1920-1930
Format:
11х17 сm
Copyright:
Juriy Zaverbnyj
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00647
City: Lviv
Date: 1910-1937
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Marek Munz
Publisher: Marek Münz, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Persenkówka, power plant, machine room
ID: 00660
City: Lviv
Date: 1941-1944
Format: 100x150 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Hotel Bristol, lobby
ID: 01301
City: Lviv
Date: 1918
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Post office, interior, destruction, war
ID: 01308
City: Lviv
Date: 1918
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Post office, ruin
ID: 00657
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Coffeehouse interior, billiards, visitors, furniture, decorative elements
ID: 09562
City: Lviv
Date: 1981
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Lemyk
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kalynets
Subject: Apartment, interior, people
ID: 00658
City: Lviv
Date: 1909-1914
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Restaurant interior, decorative elements, clock, tiled ovens
ID: 01299
City: Lviv
Date: 1918-1919
Format: 9х14 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Post office, interior, destruction, war
ID: 00764
City: Lviv
Date: 1915-1918
Format: Unknown
Creator: Istvan Medgyaszoy
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Myhaylo Slobonyanyuk
Subject: Pavilion, bells
The Church of the Assumption of the Mother of God – formerly known as Voloska church is the key element of a wonderful architectural ensemble that includes the church, bell tower (it is built onto the church from the north) and the chapel building in the yard. This is the best Lviv Renaissance monument; its architecture unites the West European Renaissance forms with the tradition of the Eastern Christianity sacral construction.  The church stands at the intersection of Pidvalna and Ruska Streets, on the site of an old church of the fifteenth century. In was constructed from 1591 to 1629 (by the architects P. Rymlianyn, V. Kapinos, A. Prykhylnyi) and in 1796 (rebuilt after fire). In the middle of the nineteenth century the church was connected with the Three Prelates Chapel.