St. George Orthodox church at Frantsyskanska street



ID number:
02265
Title:
St. George Orthodox church at Frantsyskanska street
City:
Description:
Frantsyskanska - Korolenka street now
Subject:
Street, architecture, church
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Stefan Wierusz Niemojowski, Lwow
Date:
1904
Format:
140х90 mm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02265
City: Lviv
Date: 1904
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Stefan Wierusz Niemojowski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, architecture, church
ID: 00573
City: Lviv
Date: 1860-1870
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Cathedral, metropolitan building, wall, monastery buildings
ID: 11576
City: Unknown
Date: 1930
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lesya Krypiakevych
Subject:
ID: 02728
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1928
Format: 140x90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Gee Haa
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Cernăuţi, Geek Orthodox Cathedral
ID: 13168
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: building, architecture, sacral buildings, church
ID: 00551
City: Lviv
Date: 1932-1938
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Stanislaw Tondos
Publisher: Publishing House "Ruch", Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Church, German Gymnasium
ID: 13076
City: Pochaiv
Date: 1916
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: sacral building, war, mosaic
ID: 13077
City: Pochaiv
Date: 1916
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: sacral building, war, monastery, panorama
ID: 01446
City: Khmelnytskyi
Date: 1900-1920
Format: 7,5х10,5 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Serhiy Esiunin
Subject: Proskuriv, neighborhood of the Cathedral of the Birth of the Mother of God
The Russian Orthodox Church of St. George was built on a slope of a mound situated between the lower part of the old Lychakivsky district and the base of Castle Hill. The church is located far back in the plot and surrounded by a fence. The administrative eparchy building stands to the east of the church. The church’s construction dates to 1897-1901, by the architects G. Sachs and W. Rawski. The church is a witness to the influences of the late nineteenth century Revival architecture movement focusing on Byzantine-Volossia features which was popular in the region of Bukovyna at that time.