View of Pidvalna street



ID number:
02039
Title:
View of Pidvalna street
City:
Subject:
Pidvalna street, Royal arsenal, Dominican church
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1930-1939
Format:
10x15 сm
Copyright:
Juriy Zaverbnyj
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02767
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1904
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Schaar & Dathe, Trier
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Czernowitz, Enzenberg Hauptstrasse, main street, Schiffhaus, Hauptwache, guardhouse, people
ID: 06207
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1965
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, buildings
ID: 03827
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1900-1910
Format: 110х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Square, Street
ID: 06245
City: Lviv
Date: 1987-1990
Format: 17х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: street, buildings, architecture, tram line, transport, people
ID: 08147
City: Lviv
Date: 1962-1963
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, buildings
ID: 13126
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: street, people, architecture, building
ID: 08546
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, building, architecture, trading, transport, people
ID: 00328
City: Lviv
Date: 1860 - 1870
Format: 10х14 cm
Creator: Josef Eder
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Lviv Historical Museum
Subject: View on former St. Anna Street, church and prison Brygidky
ID: 08619
City: Lviv
Date: 1961
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, buildings, reconstruction, public garden, road, lanterns, people
The former Dominican Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Baroque church in Lviv. This massive monument of the Christian architecture has become the main component of the architectural complex dating to the fifteenth-nineteenth centuries including also the buildings of the monastery cells and the bell tower. The church was built from stone and brick over the course of 1749-1764 (the architects J. de Vitte, M. Urbanik and K. Muradowicz) on the site of a Gothic church of the fifteenth century, on the plot of land bordering the medieval Lviv on the west. In 1792-1798 the church was reconstructed (by the architect K. Fesinger). In 1905-1914 the interior restoration was completed. A square and a garden have been set up in front of the church. Under Socialism, the building housed the Museum of Atheism, later Museum of the History of Religion.