View of Pidvalna street



ID number:
02039
Title:
View of Pidvalna street
City:
Subject:
Pidvalna street, Royal arsenal, Dominican church
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1930-1939
Format:
10x15 сm
Copyright:
Juriy Zaverbnyj
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 03808
City: Chernivtsi
Date: Interwar years (1918-1939)
Format: 90х130 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Agentia Romana Hachette, Bucuresti
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Cernăuţi, Monument, Street
ID: 12450
City: Lviv
Date: 1975-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: street, people
ID: 00251
City: Lviv
Date: Post-War period, Communist Rule (1946-1990)
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Tram pavillion in Zamarstynivska St., man in broad pants
ID: 03508
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Street, city greenery, building, people
ID: 07977
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Street, buildings, tram line, Dominican church
ID: 03275
City: Lviv
Date: 1908-1910
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: W.Z.L.
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, buildings, paving, seminary, wall, people
ID: 08537
City: Lviv
Date: 1906
Format: 90х140 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: J. Klein, Krakow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, buildings, architecture
ID: 06201
City: Lviv
Date: 1963-1964
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, buildings, architecture, tram line, people
ID: 08645
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 6х9 cm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, buildings, paving, house of culture
The former Dominican Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Baroque church in Lviv. This massive monument of the Christian architecture has become the main component of the architectural complex dating to the fifteenth-nineteenth centuries including also the buildings of the monastery cells and the bell tower. The church was built from stone and brick over the course of 1749-1764 (the architects J. de Vitte, M. Urbanik and K. Muradowicz) on the site of a Gothic church of the fifteenth century, on the plot of land bordering the medieval Lviv on the west. In 1792-1798 the church was reconstructed (by the architect K. Fesinger). In 1905-1914 the interior restoration was completed. A square and a garden have been set up in front of the church. Under Socialism, the building housed the Museum of Atheism, later Museum of the History of Religion.