Dome of Holy Eucharist church



ID number:
02033
Title:
Dome of Holy Eucharist church
City:
Subject:
Domonican church of God's body, dome, architectural details
Creator:
Leon Czechowicz
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1930-1939
Format:
14x9 cm
Copyright:
Andriy Otko
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 12686
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession
ID: 03529
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Building, architectural details, sculpture
ID: 09700
City: Lviv
Date: 1955-1960
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Street, cemetery, tram line, stop, pavilion, people, paving
ID: 10168
City: Lviv
Date: 1609-1970
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: R. Yakymenko
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Renaissance monument, building
ID: 12700
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession
ID: 12783
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession, mask
ID: 12708
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1990
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession
ID: 09725
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: monument, city council building
ID: 12754
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-2000
Format: Unknown
Creator: Tanas Nykyforuk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: building, architecture, secession, mask
The former Dominican Roman Catholic Church is the biggest Baroque church in Lviv. This massive monument of the Christian architecture has become the main component of the architectural complex dating to the fifteenth-nineteenth centuries including also the buildings of the monastery cells and the bell tower. The church was built from stone and brick over the course of 1749-1764 (the architects J. de Vitte, M. Urbanik and K. Muradowicz) on the site of a Gothic church of the fifteenth century, on the plot of land bordering the medieval Lviv on the west. In 1792-1798 the church was reconstructed (by the architect K. Fesinger). In 1905-1914 the interior restoration was completed. A square and a garden have been set up in front of the church. Under Socialism, the building housed the Museum of Atheism, later Museum of the History of Religion.