Women near Old Castle ruins



ID number:
01917
Title:
Women near Old Castle ruins
City:
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1945-1955
Format:
9х14 сm
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00223
City: Lviv
Date: 1950
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Monument to tank soldiers, tank, Lychakivska street neighborhood
ID: 10658
City: Lviv
Date: 1972-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, Halana Square
ID: 08733
City: Lviv
Date: 1963
Format: 9х6 сm
Creator: Jaroslav Yanchak
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Jaroslav Janchak
Subject: Street, architecture, buildings, public garden, flowerbed
ID: 13176
City: Lviv
Date: 1962-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: portrait, street, children, people, monument, building
ID: 03762
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1924-1939
Format: 120х170 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Cernăuţi, Central Square, Monument
ID: 05959
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1970
Format: 14х7 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 03087
City: Lviv
Date: 1906-1914
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Lychakiv, Lychakivska street, panorama, monument
ID: 01862
City: Lviv
Date: 1980-1985
Format: 10х15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Monument, square, building of Staropihiyska square, city hall tower
ID: 01979
City: Lviv
Date: 1939
Format: 15х10 сm
Creator: Adam Lenkiewicz
Publisher: "Ksiaznica-Atlas", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monument to the Defenders of Lviv in Persenkówka
A medieval fortification architecture landmark in Lviv.

An earlier wooden castle was replaced in 1362 by a stone one, of which a fragment of its southern wall has been preserved till today. In 1869 stones from the castle were used for the construction of Kopiec Unii Lubelskiej (Mound of the Union of Lublin) on top of the Lviv Castle Hill. 

Vysoky Zamok municipal park sits north of the city center, astride Lviv Castle Hill. Both park and hill take their name from the ruined fortress on the territory. Opened in 1835, the park’s landscaped hillsides are crisscrossed by a network of trails through lower and upper terraces. In the second half of the 19th century, an artificial mound was erected on the upper terrace as a marker of the Union of Lublin, and topped by a scenic viewpoint. A walkway beneath stands of ash and chestnut trees beautify the lower terrace.