View of the Monument to Bartosz Glowacki



ID number:
01884
Title:
View of the Monument to Bartosz Glowacki
City:
Description:

The monument to Wojtech Bartosh (Glowacki), participant in the uprising of 1794 led by Tadeush Kostiushko, was done in 1906 by the sculptor Grzegorz Kuzniewicz to the plans of renowned Polish sculptor and owner of stone workshop Julian Markowski. This was the last monument created by J. Markovski, whose completion was disrupted by his premature death. The park, located near the end of Lychakivska Street, in which the monument was placed, was named Glowacki Park. The monument is a sculpture of the figure of Bartosh Hlovatskyi, placed on a stone foundation, built in the image of a cliff. On the side of the cliff facing Lychakivska road a plaque was inserted with a Norwegian labrador with the words “for Bartosz Glowacki, hero from Raclawic, citizens-artisans in Lwow MCMV”. The unveiling of the monument took place on July 9th, 1906. At 8.00 am a mourning service began in a Roman Catholic cathedral. During the liturgy the choir of the society "Liutnia" sang. After the memorial service a procession to the monument took place. On the head of the procession there were three rows of the cavalry division of the “Sokol” society; behind them walked the orchestra of the “Harmonia” society and members of the Lviv division of the “Sokol” society. Further on- school youth, villagers from Krakow land, representative from various societies and organizations. When the official procession approached Lychakivskyi Park, everyone sang the first couplet of the song “Bartoszu, Bartoszu”. Representatives of all strata of the population took part in the mournful meeting, which the city president Mikhal Mikhalski opened

Subject:
Pomnik
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Dawid Grund, Lwow
Date:
1906-1911
Format:
140x90 mm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01194
City: Lviv
Date: 1915
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Dawid Grund, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Marjacki Square, Mickiewicz monument, buidlings, Roman Catholic Cathedral
ID: 01582
City: Lviv
Date: 1925-1939
Format: 12х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Eaglets monument by the Polytechnic, park, Zachariewicza Street
ID: 01965
City: Lviv
Date: 1957
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Hryhoriy Uhrynovych
Publisher: Trust printing factory "Ukrphoto", Kyiv
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Park of culture, monument, flowerbed, alleys
ID: 00861
City: Lviv
Date: 1945-1950
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Public garden, alley, monument, sculpture, flowerbed, people
ID: 01918
City: Lviv
Date: 1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Jan Bromilski, Lwow
Copyright: Taras Pinyazhko
Subject: Lublin Union Mound, viewing platform, people, castle wall
ID: 01944
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1960
Format: 9×14 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Hill, monument, people
ID: 10190
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1985
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: R. Yakymenko
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, Ivan Franko park, Ivan Franko University in Lviv
ID: 10144
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Hryhoriy Uhrynovych
Publisher: Publishing House "Mystectvo", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, Yaroslav Halan
ID: 03230
City: Lviv
Date: 1902-1904
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Teodozy Bahrynowicz
Publisher: Stefan Wierusz Niemojowski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Park, street, alleys, monument, people

The monument to Wojciech Bartosz, a peasant leader, who participated in the uprising led by Tadeusz Kosciuszko, was established in 1906 on the initiative of Polish craftsmen of Lviv. The monument was produced by Lviv sculptors Julian Markowski and Hryhoriy Kuznevych (Grzegorz Kuźniewicz).