Monument to Playwright Count Aleksander Fredro



ID number:
01880
Title:
Monument to Playwright Count Aleksander Fredro
City:
Subject:
Fredro monument, green area, city construction
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Stefan Wierusz Niemojowski, Lwow
Date:
1901
Format:
14х10 cm
Copyright:
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 01588
City: Lviv
Date: 1912-1914
Format: 11x17 cm
Creator: Josef Kosciesza Jaworski
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Fountain, Neptune, Rynok square, Latin cathedral, Southwestern corner of the square, № 22-23-24 buildings
ID: 00860
City: Lviv
Date: 1964
Format: 23х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Mykhailo Tsimerman
Subject: Monument, Lenina avenue, Opera house, bus
ID: 10148
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Hryhoriy Uhrynovych
Publisher: Publishing House "Mystectvo", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument
ID: 01583
City: Lviv
Date: 1925-1939
Format: 12х17 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Eaglets monument, park, main entrance to the Lviv Polytechnice
ID: 00842
City: Lviv
Date: 1949
Format: Unknown
Creator: Hryhoriy Uhrynovych
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Central State Kinofotofono Archive after G.S. Pshenychny
Subject: Lychakivska Street, monument to the Tank Guardsmen, people
ID: 01905
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Jan Bromilski, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monument to Jan Kilinski, flowerbed, fence, Stryiskyi park
ID: 05903
City: Lviv
Date: 1940
Format: 4x9
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Monument to Jan III Sobieski, street, people
ID: 10416
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Publishing House "Plakat", Moscow
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, Royal Arsenal, Dominican Church, square
ID: 09731
City: Lviv
Date: 1970-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: "Radianska Ukraina", Kyiv
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, Dominican church, museum of the history of religion and atheism, St. Onufriy church, Ivan Fedorov museum

The monument to the count, a Polish playwright and a honorary citizen of Lviv, was set up in 1897 on the Akademicka square on the initiative of the Literary and Artistic Circle. Its author was sculptor Leonard Marconi. After WW2 the monument was transported to Poland and installed on the market square in Wrocław in 1956.