Tree Boughs Pruned in Wintertime



ID number:
00161
Title:
Tree Boughs Pruned in Wintertime
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Carts, trees pruned, Gunpowder Tower, Carmelites Church
Creator:
Julian Dorosh
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
1950-1960
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Andriy Dorosh
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 02307
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 9х14 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, night, backlight
ID: 01635
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1920-1934
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
ID: 03210
City: Lviv
Date: 1900
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Efroim Gausman, Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Square, church, public garden
ID: 02268
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Cathedral, fence, gate, city greenery, people
ID: 02243
City: Lviv
Date: 1908-1914
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, tower, architecture, courtyard
ID: 12119
City: Lviv
Date: 1954
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: sacral building, monument, street, belltower, tank
ID: 01668
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1930-1939
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Subject: Church
ID: 02579
City: Buchach
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 12x17 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church
ID: 01765
City: Lviv
Date: 1937-1939
Format: 6,5х6,5 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: Church of Our Lady of Ostra Brama
The former Barefoot Carmelite Roman Catholic Church (presently St. Michael Church, 20 Vynnychenka Street) is a Baroque construction. The church was constructed on a hill beyond the limits of the old defensive walls. Together with the cells buildings and the defensive wall standing along the driveway of Prosvity and Vynnychenka Streets, the church forms a single architectural ensemble that over the course of the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries had a defensive purpose protecting the city from the east. The main construction chronology dates connected with this object are 1634 (erecting the main section of the building, by the architect Ya. Pokorovych), the second half of the seventeenth century (adding the defensive walls, by the engineer J. Berens), the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries (monastery complex), 1835-1839 (construction of a bell tower, by the architect A. Vondrashka) and 1906 (erection of a bell tower and restoration, by the architect V. Halytskyi).
Along the eastern end of the Lviv fortifications’ site, where the Governor’s Ramparts once stood, lies a greenway tucked between Pidvalna and Vynnychenka Streets. In 1821, gubernatorial counselor Reitsenheim led the initiative to establish the greenway on the leveled rampart slopes. In the 1850s, strong winds leveled old-growth trees in the park; the park was later renovated with a design from municipal horticulturist Karl Bauer.