"Father Frost" in Svobody Boulevard



ID number:
00146
Title:
"Father Frost" in Svobody Boulevard
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Polish
Subject:
Father Frost doll, trolley-bus, crowd, Svobody Boulevard
Creator:
Julian Dorosh
Publisher:
Halytska Brama, Lviv
Date:
Post-War period, Communist Rule (1946-1990)
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Andriy Dorosh
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00256
City: Lviv
Date: Post-War period, Communist Rule (1946-1990)
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Cross in Zamarstynivska St.
ID: 13825
City: Prypyat'
Date: 1970-1986
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lokal History Museum of Slavutych and Chornobyl NPP
Subject: avenue, street, building, department store, transport, people
ID: 00981
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1952
Format: 10х15 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject:
ID: 08210
City: Lviv
Date: 1965-1970
Format: 10x15 cm
Creator: Leonid Zapadenko
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Leonid Zapadenko
Subject: Street, park, memorial
ID: 00237
City: Lviv
Date: 1960
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Buildings/?skyline of Yalivets, Krypiakevych's walks
ID: 00175
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1960
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: View of Stryiska Street, people in the street, trees
Shchyrets
ID: 01654
City: Shchyrets
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright:
Subject: Railway station, Nativity of the Virgin Mary Church, building of dr. Chesn’ovskyi
ID: 00214
City: Lviv
Date: 1959
Format: Unknown
Creator: Julian Dorosh
Publisher: Halytska Brama, Lviv
Copyright: Andriy Dorosh
Subject: Goat, Vakhnyanyna Street, postwar Lviv
ID: 13809
City: Prypyat'
Date: 1970-1986
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Lokal History Museum of Slavutych and Chornobyl NPP
Subject: city, street, building, microdistrict, landscape, residential area

Svobody Boulevard (prospekt Svobody) is the main street of Lviv. From the mid-nineteenth century it consisted of two streets, known as Untere/Obere Karl Ludwig Straße or, in Polish, Karola Ludwika wyższa/niższa (“Lower/Upper Karl Ludwig Street”). In 1871 the Obere Karl Ludwig Straße was renamed Hetmańska, in honor of the Great Crown Hetman Stanisław Jabłonowski, whose monument had been erected there in 1859. Obere Karl Ludwig Straße became simply Karl Ludwig Straße/Karola Ludwika, until 1919, when it was renamed Legionów (“Legions”). The bed of the river Poltva was driven underground in 1887, under supervision of engineer Wacław Ibański. In 1940 Hetmańska nad Legionów Streets became part of the single Pershoho Travnia (“First of May”) Street. In 1941 the street was first divided into Opernstrasse and Museumstrasse, and later joined under the name of Adolf Hitler Platz/Ring. In 1944 the street's name went back to Pershoho Travnia. Later it was renamed Lenina Boulevard. In 1991 it was renamed Svobody Boulevard.