Bernardine Church



ID number:
13141
Title:
Bernardine Church
City:
Subject:
sacral building, street, square, people
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unpublished resources
Date:
1950-1960
Format:
Unknown
Copyright:
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 00557
City: Lviv
Date: 1915
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Szyjkowski, Lwow
Copyright: There are no Known Restrictions on the Usage of this Image
Subject: Sacre coeur monastery, green area
ID: 02361
City: Lviv
Date: 1920-1927
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, courtyard, gallery
Delatyn
ID: 00684
City: Delatyn
Date: 1920-1939
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Zharovskyy, "Hoverla", Delyatyn
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Wooden Church
ID: 03201
City: Lviv
Date: 1908-1909
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Jan Peltz
Publisher: "Tencha", Lwow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, courtyard, arcade
ID: 11694
City: Dniprodzerzhynsk
Date: 1908
Format: Unknown
Creator: N. Ivanov
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: National Museum of History of the National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine in Dnipropetrovsk
Subject:
ID: 02250
City: Lviv
Date: 1919-1939
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Wladyslaw Benesz
Publisher: Wladyslaw Benesz
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monastery, educational institution, church, interior, architecture
ID: 02340
City: Lviv
Date: 1900-1914
Format: 17х11 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Juriy Zaverbnyj
Subject: Church, architecture, chapel
Chernivtsi
ID: 03387
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1910
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Claudia Erdheim, Das Stetl. Galizien und Bukowina 1890–1918. Album Verlag, Wien 2008.
Copyright: Claudia Erdheim
Subject: City, street, synagogue, architecture
ID: 02741
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1930-1935
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Cernăuţi, Orthodox Churches, Bishop’s Residence, Universities
Former Bernardine Roman Catholic Church (3 Soborna Square) is a perfect example of the late Renaissance architecture that reflected the spirit and mood of the counter-reformation epoch. The church was built in the course of 1600-1630 by the architects B. Avelides, P. Rymlianyn, A. Prykhylnyi and A. Bemer. It was constructed on the site of an earlier wooden structure from 1460. The Bernardine Church creates a single complex with the adjacent fortified monastery buildings, bell tower, memorial column and rotunda over the well in the yard. 

This baroque column with a statue of the saint was installed near the former Bernardine monastery in 1736 sponsored by the voivod Seweryn Michał Rzewuski. The statue disappeared from the column around 1950, a vase was installed in its place.