The current building of the Lviv city hall was built in the years 1827-1835. The project was designed by architects Alois Wondraszka, Jerzy Glogowski, Joseph Markl, and Franz Trescher. In 1849-1851, after a fire, a reconstruction was carried out under a project by Johann Salzmann. The massive building is situated at the center of the Rynok square; it has four symmetrical Neo-Classicist façades. Its tower, which is square in plan, belongs to the most noticeable accents of Lviv’s architectural panorama and is one of the visual symbols of the city. The style of the building can be considered a typical one for the Austrian administration buildings of the 1830-1840s. The city hall is the administrative center of the city, the Lviv City Council is located there.