Svobody Boulevard



ID number:
01268
Title:
Svobody Boulevard
City:
Description:
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Subject:
Karl-Ludwig-Strasse, Hetmanska St., Wały Hetmańskie, city theater, tram, kiosk, electric lights
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
The Art Gallery of Polish Artists Publishing House, Krakow
Date:
1910
Format:
90x140 mm
Copyright:
Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Collection:
Category:
Technique:
Inscriptions:
On obverse:
In Polish: Lwów.- Ulica Karola Ludwika.
In French: Leopol.- Rue de Charles Louis.
On reverse:
Wydawn. sal. mal. polsk. Kraków 1910
Naśladownictwo zastszerzone.
94 Autochrom SMP

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 08535
City: Lviv
Date: 1906
Format: 140х90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: J. Klein, Krakow
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, buildings, architecture
ID: 03809
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 90х130 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: B. M. St., Cernăuţi
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Cernăuţi, Kriegerdenkmal, Rathausstrasse, Strada Regina Maria
ID: 08050
City: Lviv
Date: 1955-1959
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Street, buildings, Pioneer house, Jesuits church,
ID: 12867
City: Lviv
Date: February 6th, 1938
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: State Archives of Lviv Region
Subject: street, building, functionalism, architecture
ID: 01845
City: Lviv
Date: 1837
Format: 16,3х23,6 сm; 22х28,6 сm
Creator: Karl Auer
Publisher: Piotr Piller, Lemberg
Copyright: Oleh Vvedenskyi
Subject: Panska Street, Governor's Palace, Chołoniewskis Palace, Governor's Bulwarks, horsemen
ID: 03800
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1890-1900
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Leon König, Czernowitz
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Czernowitz, Streets, Shops,
ID: 02344
City: Lviv
Date: 1895-1905
Format: 10х12 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: "Sokol" buiding, Ruska church, Korniakta tower, Dominican church, tram line, public garden
ID: 12865
City: Lviv
Date: February 6th, 1938
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: State Archives of Lviv Region
Subject: street, building, functionalism, architecture
ID: 03268
City: Lviv
Date: 1915
Format: 90х140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Aleksander Pfajfer
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Street, demonstration, people, ram line, transport
The Prospect Svobody Promenade – formerly, the Hetman Ramparts – was laid in on top of the western section of the historic defensive fortifications that ringed Lviv. The walls were pulled down sometime around 1776 and put into public service of the city. In the first half of the 19th century, parallel streets were established on the eastern and western banks of the Poltva River, and landscaped in rows of poplar; the streets would one day become the boulevard that is Prospect Svobody. In the late 1880s, arched bridges spanned the gap between Maryatska Square (currently, Mickiewicz Square) and Golukhovska Square (currently, Torhova Square). Between 1888-1890, under the direction of Arnold Röhring, the area enclosing the underground river channel was planted in trees and flowerbeds.