Mickiewicz Column

ID number:
Mickiewicz Column
Image description is temporarily available only in: Ukrainian
Mickiewicz monument, Mitskevycha Square, buildings, renovation works
The Art Gallery of Polish Artists Publishing House, Krakow
90х140 mm
Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
On obverse:
In Polish: Lwów. Kolumna Mickiewicza.
In German: Lemberg. Mickiewicz-Monument.
On reverse:
In Polish: No.2 Wydawnictwo Salonu Malarzy Polskich w Krakowie. 1915

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.


ID: 01964
City: Lviv
Date: 1971
Format: 12х18 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: "Early Printers" sculptural composition, courtyard of St. Onuphrius church, B. Khmelnytskoho street
ID: 01413
City: Lviv
Date: 1984
Format: 10x20 cm
Creator: Borys Mindel
Publisher: Publishing House "Mystectvo", Kyiv
Copyright: There are no Known Restrictions on the Usage of this Image
Subject: Monument, Mitskevycha Square, buildings No. 8-9-10, Roman Catholic Cathedral
ID: 01859
City: Lviv
Date: 1977
Format: Unknown
Creator: Valentin Kleyner
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Valentin Kleyner
Subject: Monument, grand opening, people, Royal Arsenal
ID: 12832
City: Lviv
Date: 29th of May 1941
Format: Unknown
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Subject: portrait, street, park, monument
ID: 10680
City: Lviv
Date: 1950-1980
Format: Unknown
Creator: R. Yakymenko
Publisher: R. Yakymenko
Copyright: Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Subject: Monument, museum, people
ID: 02954
City: Lviv
Date: 1967-1972
Format: Unknown
Creator: Volodymyr Melnyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Melnyk
Subject: Mosaic, panel, square, railway station
ID: 01861
City: Lviv
Date: 1975-1980
Format: 10х15 сm
Creator: Bohdan Mashtalir
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Romana Masiuk
Subject: Monument to Ivan Fedorov. State Archive of the Lviv Region, square, people
ID: 00716
City: Truskavec
Date: 1905
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Leon Rosenschein, Budapest-Drohobycz
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Truskavets, Our Lady statue, park
ID: 03762
City: Chernivtsi
Date: 1924-1939
Format: 120х170 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Copyright: Helmut Kusdat
Subject: Cernăuţi, Central Square, Monument

The monument to the national Polish poet was opened on 30 October 1904. Its construction was carried out from late 1903 under the supervision of Alfred Zachariewicz and Józef Sosnowski. The author of the project, who won an architectural competition, was Antoni Popiel, a famous sculptor. Earlier, there was a figure of the Virgin Mary on its place.