Benedectine monastery



ID number:
01040
Title:
Benedectine monastery
City:
Subject:
Monastery, courtyard, sculpture, architecture
Creator:
Unknown
Publisher:
Unknown
Date:
1964
Format:
23х17 сm
Copyright:
Mykhailo Tsimerman
Collection:
Category:
Technique:

Suggestions: If you have additional information regarding this particular visual source or want to team up with our UID project, please send us your comments.

Related

ID: 09036
City: Lviv
Date: 1977-1980
Format: 11х17 сm
Creator: Juriy Gaskevych
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Juriy Gaskevych
Subject: Street, architecture, fortification, wall, monastery, public garden
Sokal
ID: 00702
City: Sokal
Date: 1918
Format: 90x140 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: A. Veniger, Sokal
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Church, monastery, pond, ruins
ID: 02002
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: The northern yard of Armenian cathedral, Armenian benedictine monastery
ID: 02185
City: Lviv
Date: 1930-1939
Format: 14x9 cm
Creator: Leon Czechowicz
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Andriy Otko
Subject: Church, monastery, architecture, garden
ID: 08001
City: Lviv
Date: 1960-1965
Format: 15х10 cm
Creator: Illya Pavlyk
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Oleksandr Korobov
Subject: Monastery, church, archive, street, people
ID: 02996
City: Lviv
Date: 1910
Format: 16х10 cm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Ihor Kotlobulatov
Subject: Monastery, belfry, courtyard, cross
ID: 02568
City: Buchach
Date: 1899
Format: 140x90 mm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: S. Halberg, Buchach
Copyright: Library of the Institute of Ethnology, Lviv
Subject: Building of Basilian Monastery, church, bell tower
ID: 08157
City: Lviv
Date: 1953-1954
Format: 10x15 сm
Creator: Unknown
Publisher: Unpublished resources
Copyright: Leonid Zapadenko
Subject: Monastery, courtyard, wall, inhabitants
ID: 03505
City: Lviv
Date:
Format:
Creator:
Publisher:
Copyright:
Subject: Bernardine monastery, wall, Valova st., people
The former Benedictian Roman Catholic Church (1597-1616, presently the Church of All Saints) with the convent building. The church building is an integral part of the architectural ensemble including the nuns’ cells and the entrance gate (the southern façade of the church and the eastern wing of the cells look out on a wide common yard). The architecture of the complex – located outside of the old city walls – had a defense character. According to its style features, it belongs to the late Renaissance/ Mannerism (decoration of the tower’s attic) with a later Baroque addition (the cells and the entrance gate). There are several periods in the construction chronology: 1597-1616 (the architect Pavlo Rymlianyn), 1608-1610 (the defensive wall is erected), 1611-1687 (the cells), 1627 (church reconstruction after fire, by the architect Jan Pokorovych).