Dr. Oksana Dudko
- Home »
- Our Team »
- Dr. Oksana Dudko
Dr. Oksana Dudko, Researcher
Historian, Ph.D. (2011). Defended a dissertation on
international relations in the social and political thought of Ukrainians in
Galicia at the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
She graduated from the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
(with a major in world history). Holds a master’s degree in history (2005).
She studied at the certificate program of the Faculty of Philosophy at the
Ukrainian Catholic University (2008), an intensive program "Text, Memory,
and History" at the University of Stavanger, Norway (2013). She interned
at the University of Warsaw and the Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw (2007,
2009, 2010, 2012). Oksana participated in several international research projects
on the history of World War I, as part of which she conducts research on the
cultural and social history of Lviv (1914-1918).
At the Center, she managed the project Lviv Interactive from 2011 till 2016. She
teached the course "The First World War: Between Historiography and Anniversaries"
at the Ukrainian Catholic University.
She is a program curator for theater projects, including for the
Drama.UA Festival of Contemporary Drama and the First Stage of Contemporary
Drama in Lviv.
Her research interests include World War I, the social and
cultural history of the twentieth century, the history of theater and theater
management, contemporary political and critical theater in East Central Europe.
Selected presentations at conferences
- 1–4 August 2014
World War One International Conference Perspectives on the Great War, Queen Mary University of London, London, the UK, i.e. paper "Behind the Stage: Living Experiences and Practices of Theatre Professional in Lemberg during the Great War and Russian Occupation."
- 19–21 June 2014
International Conference on the Occasion of the First Centennial of the Beginning of World War I The Great War: Regional Approaches and Global Contexts, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, i.e. paper "Presentiments of War: the Evolution of Ukrainian Commemorative and Celebrative Practices in Lviv (1911–1914)."
- 29–31 May 2014
The 12th International Conference “Lviv: City – Society – Culture” Lviv/Lwów/Lemberg: Imagination, Experiences, Practices, The Ivan Franko Lviv National University, the Center for Urban History, Lviv, Ukraine, i.e. paper “Between “High” Mission and Entertainment: The Theatrical Space and Living Strategies of Artists Under the Russian Occupation of Lemberg (September 1914 – June 1915).”
- 10–13 July 2013
- Conference Memory, Conflict and Space, The Archbishop Desmond Tutu Centre for War and Peace Studies, Liverpool Hope University, the UK, i.e. paper "Spatial Wars. Ukrainian Rallies as a Form of Creating National Space Narrative in Lviv (1911–1914)."
- 25–26 March 2013
Conference War and Culture in Russia and Eastern Europe, the Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies, the University of Nottingham, the UK, i.e. paper "Making Theatre at War: Cultural Networks and Urban Space in Lviv (June 1914 – June 1915)."
- "Between the Past and the Future: Mass Rallies as the Staging of the Ukrainian National Project (1911–1914)", in Roczniki dziejów społecznych i gospodarczych. Vol. LXXIII (Poznań – Warszawa, 2013), 177–199.
- Oksana Dudko, Mychajlo Shavaguliak, "Eastern Policy of Otto von Bismarck in the Coverage of the Ukrainian Political Thought (the late 1880s – the early 1890s)", in Zapysky Naukovogo tovarystva imeni Shevchenka. Vol. CCLXV (Pratsi Istorychno-filosofskoji sekciï) (Lviv, 2013), 131–150. (in Ukrainian).
- "Ukrainian Public and Political Thought about the Balkan Wars (1912–1913)," in Naukovi zoshyty istorychnogo fakultetu L’vivskogo nacional’nogo universytetu imeni Ivana Franka (Lviv, 2008), 202–212. (in Ukrainian).
- "The International Political Crisis on the Eve of World War I and the Ukrainian Public and Political Opinion in Galicia," in Visnyk Prykarpatskogo nacional’nogo universytetu imeni Vasylja Stefanyka. Seria istorychna. Vypusk 12–13 (Ivano-Frankivsk, 2007), 71–75. (in Ukrainian).
Articles in encyclopedias
- Sich Riflemen, in: 1914-1918-online. International Encyclopedia of the First World War, ed. by Ute Daniel, Peter Gatrell, Oliver Janz, Heather Jones, Jennifer Keene, Alan Kramer, and Bill Nasson, issued by Freie Universität Berlin, Berlin 2014-10-08. DOI: 10.15463/ie1418.10145 Last modified: 2014-10-05.
- Polish-Ukrainian Conflict over Eastern Galicia, in: 1914-1918-online. International Encyclopedia of the First World War, ed. by Ute Daniel, Peter Gatrell, Oliver Janz, Heather Jones, Jennifer Keene, Alan Kramer, and Bill Nasson, issued by Freie Universität Berlin, Berlin 2014-10-08. DOI: 10.15463/ie1418.10129 Last modified: 2014-10-05.
Articles in the press
- "Апорія’43/Декалог: локальна світова війна"
- Оксана Дудко "Слони і мухи"
- Оксана Дудко "За Ваших і наших хлопів"