Obtained a master’s degree in modern history from the Central European University (Budapest, Hungary, 2004-2005), a diploma in art history from the Lviv Academy of Arts (Ukraine, 1993-1999), and also studied at the Faculty of Project Management at George Washington University (USA, 2001-2002). He was a fellow of several grant programs and worked with the archive of the Faculty of Visual Arts at George Washington University, Washington (USA) and the archive of Open Society Institute (www.osaarchivum.org), in Budapest.
In 2014 he received a grant from the European University Institute in Florence to conduct research entitled "Mediascape of Lviv: Late 1950s - 1980s." The project aims to research the features of interaction between urban space, social practices, and media in the period of late socialism.
At the Center for Urban History he is the head of the Urban Media Archive, gives lectures, participates in the development of the Centre for Urban History’s thematic exhibitions, and carries out research. The main focus of his work is media history and the history of television in East Central Europe and the Soviet Union, as well as the interaction of digital history and traditional historiography. He is also interested in media arts, visual studies, urban spatial practices, and urban creativity (creative city and creativity in the city).
- "Alternatyvni prostory L’vova 1980-2000-kh", Urban Studies series, Kyiv: Smoloskyp (Heinrich Böll stiftung), 2013.
- "L’viv na kinokhronikakh: pershe povoyenne desiatyrichchya 1945-1955", Halytska Brama, 9-10 veresen’-zhovten’, 2011.
- "Kulturni industriji v suchasnomu misti", in Sociologiia Mista, Donetsk, 2010.
- Translation from English a book of Hiep Hahort "Art Management" ("Litopys" Publishing House, Lviv, 2008).
- "L’viv 2000-kh: Quo vadis Lemberg artibus?", L’viv: Mystetska mapa Ukrayiny. Zhovypys. Hrafika. Skulptura. 1900-2008, Kyiv: Yuvelir Press, 2008.
- "Vizualna ironia ta "ukr-such-mystetstvo", IRONIA, Zbirnykstattei, Ed. Olena Haleta, Evgen Hulevych, Zoriana Rybchynska (Center of Humanity Studies, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv), Lviv: Litopys; Kyiv: Smoloskyp, 2006.
- "Istorychna model formuvannia muzeiv v Spoluchenych Shtatach Ameryky v drugi polovyni XIX-pochatku XX stolittia", Narodoznavchi zoshyty, № 3, 2003.
- "Paradyhma pizniogo modernizmu v amerykanskomu mystetstvi 1930-40 rokiv", Mystetska krytyka, Zbirnyk statei LNU, lystopad, 2003.