Architect, researcher, curator of architecture and art projects, educational events and programs. In 2008 she graduated Kharkiv National Academy of Municipal Economy (Ukraine) with a Master’s degree in urban planning. In her PhD project she addresses the issue of rehabilitation and development of the sotsgorod built for the Kharkiv Tractor Plant in the 1920s – 1930s as well as workers’ residential developments in the east and south of Ukraine. Ievgeniia is a co-founder of the NGO Urban Forms Center (Kyiv). In 2012-2013 she developed and guided the tour Linear City for the conferences of the International Committee for Documentation and Conservation of Buildings, Sites, and Neighbourhoods of the Modern Movement (docomomo). In 2013, she started the women‘s avant-garde movement Modernistky. Since March 2012 she has been a consultant for Ukrainian Weeks of Constructivism. In 2013 she was a coauthor of the Lenin Art Gallery project Ukraine – Germany 1920 – 1930: Shared in Zaporizhia and organizer of an exhibition in Kharkiv (Nürnberger House). Ievgeniia is an author of several publications including articles in Kyiv Architectural Guide (DOM Publishers). In 2015 her own book Slavutych Architectural Guide was published by DOM Publishers in Germany.
At the Center she is currently working on a project dealing with Slavutych, the last planned socialist city, and how architects addressed the consequences of Chornobyl by rethinking and remaking socialist urbanism at the end of the 1980s. In August 2015 Ievgeniia was a chief coordinator and co-organizer of the International Summer School in Urban Studies "Novyi Lviv: Modernism. Future Continues", organized by the Center for Urban History in partnership with The Moscow School of Architecture (MARCH).
Fields of interest: modernism architecture, urban planning and city planning, heritage of socialist cities.
Presentations at the conferences:
- May 21 -22, 2015: "On the Edge of imagining: Planning and Building the Last New Soviet City Slavutych", presentation at the international conference "Cities of a new type. Industrial Cities in Socialist Countries after 1945" organized by Pepper Art Projects in College of Dunaujvaros, Dunaujvaros, Hungary.
- November 21-22, 2013: "Architecture of the Kharkiv Metro," presentation at the international conference "Soviet Modernism: Forms of Time" organized by the Research Institute of Theory and History of Architecture and Town Planning at the Center of Avant-garde at the Jewish Museum, Moscow, Russia.
- February 3, 2012: "The Socialist City "New Kharkiv" as Reflection of Soviet Avant-garde Urban Planning Ideas" presentation at the DOCOMOMO international conference "Ukrainian Architectural Avant-garde: Studies and Protection" Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Lev Ševčenko, Evgenija Gubkina: Sovětská architektura na Ukrajině. ERA21, no. 6, 2. 12., 2015, pp. 20–24.
- Slavutych: Architectural Guide (English, Ukrainian and Russian Edition), Berlin: DOM publishers, 2015.
- "KiewSNIIEP. Das Kiewer Planungsinstitut", "Slawutytsch. Die letzte Planstadt der Sowjetunion", in: P. Knoch, H.M. Johenning, eds., Architekturführer Kiew, Berlin: DOM publishers, 2015: 179-251.
- "Proyektirovaniye i realizatsiya socgoroda "Novyi Kharkov", "The socialist city "New Kharkiv" planning and realization", "Problems of theory and history of Ukrainian architecture": scientific papers. Issue 12: Ministry of Education and Science and Youth and Sport; Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Odessa: Stroyprint, 2012, pp. 157-161.