The scholarship programme “Trajectories of Change” addresses historical and current transformation processes in the European neighbourhood. It offers stipends and fieldwork grants for Ph.D. students in the humanities and social sciences. For 2018, research applications dealing with transnational and regional dynamics of transformation are especially welcome.
We encourage applications for the following topics, but will also consider other approaches:
- geography, space and borders in the European neighbourhood
- sovereignty and law in a transnational and regional context
- state and non-state actors as agents of change
- international and regional actors and their influence on change
- diaspora politics
- migration, economic development and investment strategies as consequences of and contributing factors for change
- negotiation processes and conflict resolution
- transnational diffusion of ideas
The programme seeks to support young researchers in the social sciences and humanities in contributing novel insights into trajectories of change. Both empirical research based on intensive fieldwork and projects centred on theoretical reflection are eligible for support. Innovative and challenging research questions as well as comparative approaches are highly welcome.
On-line application, program and terms of reference are at