CfA Deadline: 15 June 2017
Kjell Muller Skyllstad, University of Oslo, Norway
Zuzana Jurkova, Charles University Prague, Czech Republic
The conference follows two urban studies conferences at IUC - the 2015 Conference on ''Urban Cultures at the Crossroads'' and the 2016 conference ''Cities at Risk. This time, the attention will be focused on universities as places of knowledge production, civic education, management of social and cultural agendas, and development of new institutions. Interactions between universities and cities and their/other institutions will be also considered.
The conference aims at continuing the cooperation between cities and universities in line with the UN habitat ''Science of Cities'' program and the Partnership with Universities worldwide leading up to adoption of the New Urban Agenda 2016.
Some of the relevant topics are:
- University as a center for understanding urban complexity;
- Studying the impact of urbanization on the quality of human life;
- Fostering active and responsible participatory citizenship;
- Embracing urban challenges through arts education;
- University as a hub for social and cultural transformation;
- Developing academic institutions as models for sustainable societies;⠀
Call for papers:
Please send the suggested titles with abstracts to the e-mail addresses of conference directors: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. (Addresses need to be copied to your e-mail programme.) Deadline is 15 June 2017.