In 2010, the Center for Urban History of East Central Europe allocated one grant within the framework of a joint scholarship program with Vienna’s Institute of Human Studies (IWM), and six grants for month-long residency at the Center for Urban History.
The grant recipients are:
I Grants from the Center for Urban History and the Institute of Human Studies in Vienna
- Olena Palko. A postgraduate student from the Institute of Political and Ethnonational Research named after I.F. Kuras at the Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences. Research topic: "Nationalist-Communism: Attempts to Compare Ukrainian and European Experiences."
II Residence Grants
- Bohdana Pinchevska. A postgraduate student in the Department of Descriptive Art at the M. Rylsky Institute of Art, Ethnology and Folklore at the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the redactor at the Modern Art Research Institute of the Ukrainian Academy of Arts. Research topic: "The Work of Jewish Artists in Lviv’s Periodic Publications in 1900-1939."
- Michelle Goldhaber. Founder and director of the nonprofit organization "Seven Stones International." Research topic: "International Exploring the Experiences of African International Students in Lviv, Ukraine."
- Anna Czyżewska. A co-worker at "Society 61," promoter of the project "I Have the Right to Know." Research topic: "Memory about Survivor Time. Stories about the Righteous among the Nations from Lviv."
- Dr. Olga Linkiewicz. Assisting Professor at Institute of History, Polish Academy of Sciences, Teaching at Warsaw University, Institute of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology. Research topic: "Modern World in the Provincial Town. Transfer of Values and Cultural Patterns in the Inter-War Poland".
- Prof. Kulshat Medeuova. Lecturer at the philosophy department at the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National Universit. Research topic: "Astana’s Philosophical-Anthropological Research."
- Piotr Drag. Ph.D. Program in Department of Jewish Studies, Jagiellonian University, Oxford University, Institute of Archaeology, Christ Church College. Research topic: "Jewish cemetery in an urban space of Lviv."