Great news to finalize the year – a series of interdisciplinary summer schools "Urban Summer Schools: Visions and Experiences" run by the Center for Urban History for the last two years was awarded in the contest "Leipzig Prize for Integrated Development". In 2015, we organized an International Architectural school "Novyi Lviv"; this year the city of Slavutych hosted a summer school "Idea of the City: Reality Check".
The contest distinguished innovative projects and methods for integrated development of cities successfully implemented in cooperation with the civil society representatives or organizations over the last four years. Award winners and runners-up were announced on December, 16, during the First German-Ukrainian Conference for Urban Development. We are happy to enjoy the company of such interesting and important projects.
1 prize: Urban Cultural
Project ‘Urban Workshop 2016’ (Municipal Institution ‘Institute of the
2 prize: Urban Space 100: Inclusive Platform and the Urban Development Fund. Social Entrepreneurship. Public restaurant (‘Teple Misto’ NGO)
3 prize: Strategy for Cultural Revitalization of the Slavutych city (‘86’ NGO)
8 recognition prizes:
- Colors Against Dullness (‘Colors Against Dullness’ Civic Initiative)
- Sustainable Development of Housing Management Sector in Ukraine: Support of Local Development and Enhancement of the Role of CSOs (Kherson regional NGO ‘Regional Council of Entrepreneurs’)
- Development of Integrated Concept for the Development of Chernivtsi Inner City (Chernivtsi City Council)
- Series of interdisciplinary summer schools ‘Urban Summer Schools: Visions and Experiences’ (Center for Urban History of East Central Europe)
- Heavenly Hundred Public Garden (‘Garden City’ NGO)
- Development of Industrial Tourism in Kryvyi Rih (Municipal Company ‘Institute of Development of the Kryvyi Rih City’ of Kryvyi Rih City Council)
- Development Strategy of Bila Tserkva 2025 (‘GOLOCAL’ NGO)
- CANactions School (Charity Fund ‘CANactions’ charity)
Sincere gratitude goes to all participants and co-organizers of urban summer schools: Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Ukraine, Urban Forms Center, Moscow Architecture School. The award motivated us even more to further work on the project!